- All applications should be sent as one package with all required documents and postmarked by April 19th
- African American high school seniors planning to attend college, technical, or vocational school
- Cumulative Unweighted Grade Point Average: 2.0 – 2.9
- Good character and commitment to community
- Potential to do well in college, technical, or vocational school
Step #1: Complete online application
- The AVWSF scholarship application will be available September 1st, 2021
Step #2: Mail the following prior to April 19th
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or supervisors
- Your resume
- At least one acceptance letter from a college, technical, or vocational school
- Request that your school mail an updated, official transcript to the address below
Your required documents must be postmarked by April 19th and mailed to:
Anna V. Waters Scholarship Fund
c/o C. Waters-Hassan
3700 Campfield Road
Baltimore, MD 21207
Scholarships will be awarded in varying amounts, ranging from $500 - $2,000. Award recipients will be recognized at an event in Baltimore, MD in June. Awards may be used for books, fees or tuition.
Winners will need verification of enrollment and actual attendance no later than September 15th. All scholarships will be sent directly to the institution and dispersed in two equal parts during the fall and spring semesters.
Winners may reapply for additional awards after satisfactory completion of two semesters at a postsecondary institution.